Re: Building a Debian package out of a Rubygems' .gem file

Clint Byrum escreveu isso aí:

> On Oct 18, 2010, at 7:31 AM, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> >
> > On 17/10/10 at 23:00 -0700, Clint Byrum wrote:
> >> Antonio, I think we may have been doing some parallel work.
> >>
> >> My focus is on making it easy to go from gem -> .dsc with Debigem
> >>
> >> https://launchpad.net/debigem
> >
> > I think that it's important to do:
> > .gem -> (.tgz + metadata) -> .dsc
> > to accomodate for all the use cases
> >

> Agreed, it would be a rather simple ask to modify dh-make-gem to
> stop at the metadata+tarball step or to take a tarball+metadata.

gem2tgz already handles generating the tarball, so it would be very nice
if you focused on the "generate a debian source package" process, which
debigem already does very nicely.

> It actually will also work with just a gemspec file from inside a
> tarball already.  I think. I designed it that way at first, but
> have only tested with .gem files for some time now. (... cursing
> myself for not writing unit tests to begin with ;)

gem2tgz drops the gem metadata as metadata.yml inside source directory
of the tarball, so it would be nice if you could include 'metadata.yml'
in the search path for metadata as well.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
http://softwarelivre.org/terceiro