Re: rails: New upstream release 2.3.5 [updated]

Hi all!

I am eagerly awaiting the split-up rails upload.  My package, camping,
uses active record and for this I always depended on rails to provide
it.  Currently, rails is not installable (#580338 !) in Sid and Squeeze
nor are the libactive{record,support}-ruby around anymore in favor of
the split-up rails package.  Are there any updates about this upcoming
upload?

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:05:57PM +0100, Paul van Tilburg wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 07:30:39PM -0500, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 01:55:05AM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> > > [...] the following packages will need
> > > to be removed from Debian first before split up rails can replace them,
> > >
> > >   libactivesupport-ruby
>
> This has not been removed yet? There seem to be no reverse depends?

This also has been removed now.

> > >   libactiverecord-ruby
>
> This has been removed.

Done.

> > > It requires the following two dependencies that cannot be satisfied in Sid,
> > >
> > >    libi18n-ruby1.8 (>> 0.1.3)

We ship 0.3.6 now.

> > As far as I can tell, there is no such release.  Can you point me to it?
> >
> > >    libmemcache-client-ruby1.8 (>> 1.7.4)
>
> This is not maintained within the team.  Roberto?

We ship 1.7.8 now.

So, everything seems to be ready?  Am I missing anything?
I plan to do a rails NMU soon to get it at least installable on the short
term if nothing happens to resolve the current situation.

Kind regards,
Paul

--
PhD Student @ Eindhoven                     | email: paulvt@debian.org