Re: Let's discuss big changes in Ruby packaging for squeeze+1

On 22/04/10 at 09:35 +0530, Deepak Tripathi wrote:
> Hi Lucas,
>
> I totally support your idea. Also i have some suggestion.
>
> 1) I have raised ITP for dh_make_ruby[1] long back to prepare this, but
> somehow it was available with other upstream, I haven't looked existing one
> so still not clear about this that do we need to use existing one or need to
> prepare from scratch.

Well, we can look at existing solutions. But we should really adopt the
code and tune it to our needs. We should put as much intelligence as possible into
dh_make_ruby and the common build tools that are shared by all the
packages, so each separate package becomes very simple.

> 2) I have already created a script repack.sh to convert gemtotar format. we
> can use this (if it is not buggy). its available in svn[2]. let me know your
> input.

Good!