Re: Handling removed packages

Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> The libactive{record,support}-ruby packages have been removed from
> Debian to make way for the new Rails packages.  How does the team handle
> this in the svn repository?  I did not see an ATTIC directory or
> anything like that.  Do the packages just remain in the repository?  Or
> do they get removed from trunk?  Or something different, perhaps?

  Just remove them from trunk so everyone knows they shouldn't work on
them. They'll stay reachable in tags, and that's just the way it should be.

  Cheers,

	Vincent

--
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer
http://vince-debian.blogspot.com/

find(1):
 A `%' at the end of the format argument causes undefined behaviour
 since there is no following character. In some locales, it may
 hide your door keys, while in others it may remove the final page
 from the novel you are reading.

Vincent, listening to Big Exit (PJ Harvey)