Re: Packaging Depends For Tests/Examples

Lucas Nussbaum escreveu isso aí:
> On 26/02/10 at 10:43 +0100, Paul van Tilburg wrote:
> > > Just wondering if there is some established convention on this.
> >
> > That is a good question, I actually don't really know.
> > I've seen that Lucas added the suggestion to add tests to the build
> > target if there are any on the Ruby 1.9.1. transition wiki page.
> > So maybe I've missed something.
>
> No, it was just a suggestion.  I ran into some packages where the 1.9.0
> support was added without testing it, so I thought that it was a good
> idea to push for more tests.

IMO running automated tests during the build process is always a Goog
Thing (TM).

In some Ruby package, however, one does not need to package everything
that `rake test` needs to run: people require all sorts of things in the
Rakefile that are not related to the tests, (e.g. things used for gem
building).  In these cases you can find the Rakefile snippet that
actually runs the tests, and create a Debian-specific Rakefile that just
runs the tests.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
http://softwarelivre.org/terceiro