Re: RFS packages for Capistrano

On 25/08/09 at 17:51 -0400, Christopher Lunsford wrote:
> If anyone has the time to review and possibly upload the following
> packages I would be eternally grateful :D
> I packaged net-ssh2 and net-sftp2 because of the incompatibilities
> with prior versions.
>
> * Package name    : libnet-ssh2-ruby
>  Version         : 2.0.13-1
>  Upstream Author : Jamis Buck <jamis@37signals.com>
> * URL             : http://net-ssh.rubyforge.org
> * License         : MIT
>  Section         : ruby
> It builds these binary packages:
> libnet-ssh2-ruby     - Ruby implementation of the SSH2 client protocol
> libnet-ssh2--ruby1.8 - Ruby implementation of the SSH2 client protocol
> libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9 - Ruby implementation of the SSH2 client protocol
> The upload would fix these bugs: 543302
> The package can be found on the pkg-ruby-extras SVN server:

Uploaded.
Would it make sense to run the test suite during the build?

> * Package name    : libnet-sftp2-ruby
>  Version         : 2.0.2-1
>  Upstream Author : Jamis Buck <jamis@37signals.com>
> * URL             : http://net-ssh.rubyforge.org
> * License         : MIT
>  Section         : ruby
> It builds these binary packages:
> libnet-ssh2-ruby     - Ruby implementation of the SFTP protocol
> libnet-ssh2--ruby1.8 - Ruby implementation of the SFTP protocol
> libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9 - Ruby implementation of the SFTP protocol
> The upload would fix these bugs: 543319
> The package can be found on the pkg-ruby-extras SVN server:

Watch file broken

> * Package name    : libnet-scp-ruby
>  Version         : 1.0.2-1
>  Upstream Author : Jamis Buck <jamis@37signals.com>
> * URL             : http://net-ssh.rubyforge.org
> * License         : MIT
>  Section         : ruby
> It builds these binary packages:
> libnet-scp-ruby     - pure ruby implementation of the SCP protocol
> libnet-scp--ruby1.8 - pure ruby implementation of the SCP protocol
> libnet-scp-ruby1.9 - pure ruby implementation of the SCP protocol
> The upload would fix these bugs: 500335
> The package can be found on the pkg-ruby-extras SVN server:

Watch file broken? the downloaded tgz is empty.

> * Package name    : libnet-ssh-gateway-ruby
>  Version         : 1.0.1-1
>  Upstream Author : Jamis Buck <jamis@37signals.com>
> * URL             : http://net-ssh.rubyforge.org
> * License         : MIT
>  Section         : ruby
> It builds these binary packages:
> libnet-ssh-gateway-ruby     - Ruby library for tunneling connections
> to servers with ssh
> libnet-ssh-gateway-ruby1.8 - Ruby library for tunneling connections to
> servers with ssh
> libnet-ssh-gateway-ruby1.9 - Ruby library for tunneling connections to
> servers with ssh
> The upload would fix these bugs: 500275
> The package can be found on the pkg-ruby-extras SVN server:

FTBFS:
if [ -f ./.config ]; then mv -f ./.config
./.config-libnet-ssh-gateway-ruby1.8; fi
dh_installdirs -plibnet-ssh-gateway-ruby1.9
if [ -f ./.config-libnet-ssh-gateway-ruby1.9 ]; then mv -f
./.config-libnet-ssh-gateway-ruby1.9 ./.config; fi
cd .
if [ ! -L debian-setup.rb ] ; then if [ -f debian-setup.rb ] ; then mv
debian-setup.rb debian-setup.rb.moved_away_by_debian_build ; fi ; ln -s
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/setup.rb debian-setup.rb ; fi
/usr/bin/ruby1.9 debian-setup.rb config --installdirs=std
make: /usr/bin/ruby1.9: Command not found
make: *** [install/libnet-ssh-gateway-ruby1.9] Error 127
dpkg-buildpackage: error: /usr/bin/fakeroot debian/rules binary gave
error exit status

Did you test in a clean chroot?

> * Package name    : capistrano
>  Version         : 2.5.5-1
>  Upstream Author : Jamis Buck <jamis@37signals.com>
> * URL             : http://www.capify.org
> * License         : MIT
>  Section         : ruby
> It builds these binary packages:
> capistrano     - execute commands in parallel on multiples servers
> The upload would fix these bugs: 500275
> The package can be found on the pkg-ruby-extras SVN server:

Can't be uploaded without the others.