Re: Ruby 1.9.1 package release plan [ SUMMARY ]

>>> Source package name
>>> ruby1.9.1
>> Why you switch source package name to "ruby1.9.1"?
>
> because you need to change the source package name so that both sets of
> packages will exist in unstable at the same time. If you re-use ruby1.9
> with ruby1.9.1 binary package, the ruby1.9 will be removed.

I think that there are no new users of ruby1.9 (Ruby 1.9.0) packages.

When we re-use ruby1.9 for ruby1.9.x,
binary pakcges are removed from the archive.
But we still can keep ruby1.9 and ruby1.9.x in our system.

Should we provide some versions of Ruby 1.9 package at the same time?

> Ooops, it's "transition" as a verb, not as a noun.

sorry.

--
ay