Re: Ruby plans for squeeze

On 03/02/09 at 09:45 -0500, Richard Hurt wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> ...snip...
>>
>> So, comments? :-)
>
> I'm pretty new to the world of Ruby and Debian packages so the above is
> hard for me to parse but it did spur a couple of questions in my brain.
> How do the proposed solutions affect the packaging of Rails, GEMS,
> Plugins, etc?  Could we make it easier to maintain these external Ruby
> dependencies?

It doesn't affect it.

In Debian, we don't use the rubygems code that is shipped together with
ruby 1.9.{0,1}. Instead, we directly package the rubygems code shipped
by upstream rubygems developers.

I'm not sure if there are things to change with the way we currently
address gems. However, it sounds like most of it is a totally different
issue than the ones discussed here, no?