Packaging a RoR web application

I am attempting to package Redmine, a Ruby on Rails project management system, and would like some advice. This is my first time building a Debian package and I have quite a few questions. I have pbuilder set up and can use pdebuild to generate a generic Redmine package using the ruby-pkg-tools package. However, it looks like it just builds a Ruby package and not a RoR package. I am missing things like a database config and a webserver config.

Is there any documentation out there on packaging Ruby on Rails web apps? Are there any other RoR packages in Debian that I can take apart and possible copy from? Do you have any other tips/tricks for me?

Thanx!
  Richard