Re: Packaging Ruby extensions

On Dec 17, 2008, at 4:02 AM| Dec 17, 2008, martin f krafft wrote:

also sprach Richard Hurt <rnhurt@kangaroobox.com> [2008.12.16.1653 +0100]:
I think this is a great idea and should allow us to help the Gems
community grow in a way thats compatible with the rest of the
world.  I don't think anyone here wants Gems to die or change into
something thats no longer Ruby specific.  We just want to be able
to work *with* it and not against it.

Here is the thread, sorry I forgot to link it in the first place:
 http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/distributions/2008-December/000281.html

And it looks like the Fedora folks have a couple of documents[1][2] that are targeting the same kinds of information as we are. What can we do to bring our needs in-line with theirs and help each other out?

Later...
  Richard

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Ruby#Ruby_Gems
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/RubyGem_with_C_code_spot