Re: Redmine Debian packages

Well, its in pretty early alpha and while it works OK on my systems, I cant be certain that it will be approved in its current form. Debian is pretty strict about their packaging and since this is the first ever Rails app in Debian, they are being even more fussy about it. :) So, it wont be in Lenny if thats what you need. I'm guessing that at some point in the future it will be "backported" to Lenny, but now I'm getting ahead of myself.

Yes, you can install it if you wish, just know that if it breaks your systems you get to keep all the pieces. You can download the latest package from here[1]. If you looking for to implement Redmine the easy way, my company sells it in server appliance form[2]. ;)

Good luck, and please let me know how it works on your systems. You might even want to subscribe to the Debian Ruby mailing list[3] to give your feedback and get info on the status of each release.

Later...
  Richard
  KangarooBox - We make IT simple!

[1] http://update.kangaroobox.com/remote/redmine/