Re: Looking for a ruby sponsor

On 25/06/06 at 09:57 +0200, Vincent Fourmond wrote:

> [Sorry, I think I posted this to the wrong place before]
>
>   Hello Debian Ruby people !
>
>   I'm a maintainer under the process of passing NM, and I wish to
> package several (if not many) ruby libraries, such as ruby-gsl and many
> others. Would someone be interested to sponsor me ? I have already two
> packages in the archive (fig2ps and tioga, the latter in the need of
> being repackaged with a better knowledge of debian ruby packageing), but
> the developer who did sponsor me for those don't have any experience in
> ruby.
>
>   I know the official place to look for a sponsor is debian-mentor, but
> however, I thought I would find more ruby people here.

Hi Vincent,

I strongly recommend that you join the pkg-ruby-extras team. Being in NM
too (but a bit further than you are), I found it very helpful.

Regarding ruby-gsl, I already packaged it but it's still waiting for
an upload. That should take place very soon now. I'd appreciate if you
could review it (sources are in the pkg-ruby-extras svn repository). I
have no strong feelings about it, so if you want to take over "main
responsibility for the package" inside the team, no problem.

Thank you,