Re: 1.8.4 on Sarge?

I upgraded to 1.8.4 and it seems to be working ok. I installed latest
version of mongrel gem which I wasn't able to before. However I got a
msg about $LOAD_PATH being changed on ix86 arch to
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/i486-linux
/usr/local/lib/site-ruby/1.8/i486-linux

This was a bit alarming but when I look in the file system I don't see
these paths being created. What's going on with the path change? How
will it effect us when it is time to dist-upgrade to sid?

Thanks,

bakki