Re: Documentation for upstream developers

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 10:44:51AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I think we should work on a documentation for upstream developers, named
> "How to be nice to Linux distributions (re)packagers", and explaining
> some common mistakes and ways to make the DD happier, like :
> - don't distribute only as a gem
> - use setup.rb or extconf.rb
> - don't use require '../lib/mylib', use the search path
> etc

RPA being a generic repackager (well, at least in the past) already
drafted some of this documentation.  We can use the information since
IMO it covers all my concerns:

http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.cgi?GoodPractices
http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.cgi?PackagingNitpickChecklist

Paul