Possible bug - I don't know the best way to report with full information

Hello,

I have noticed what I believe to be a bug in the AMD64 sarge build of ruby1.8.

I have a webserver running ruby on rails, and when processing pages, it randomly gives application errors and fastcgi quits. Now I would chalk it up to something else, save the fact that if I have an ssh session open when the application errors out, a line pops up on the terminal like this:

------------------
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.3.1/lib/active_support/ core_ext/class/inheritable_attributes.rb:100: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.2 (2005-04-11) [x86_64-linux]
------------------

The part in front of [BUG] is variable - sometimes one script, sometimes another.

I have certain rails action that I discovered if I run it, crashes every single time on two different AMD64 Debian Sarge boxes. It grabs a bunch of objects from a database and tries to send a bunch of emails based on them. Even on a dual Opteron 246 with 2GB of RAM, it crashes after sending ~150 emails. However, when I put the rails app on a 32 bit Debian Sarge box, a lowly dual P3 667 w/512MB of RAM, I can run that action with >1000 emails with no problems.

I read the open bugs against ruby1.8 and did not see anything relevant to this. So I think it is a bug in the AMD64 build. Please tell me what I should do next - should I file a bug report? How can I provide more information so that a developer can look into the issue? Below is some basic information:

For the AMD64 boxen:

#/usr/bin/ruby1.8 -v
ruby 1.8.2 (2005-04-11) [x86_64-linux]

# dpkg -s ruby1.8
mail:~# dpkg -s ruby1.8
Package: ruby1.8
Ruby is the interpreted scripting language for quick and easy
object-oriented programming.  It has many features to process text
files and to do system management tasks (as in perl).  It is simple,
straight-forward, and extensible.
.
This package provides version 1.8 series of Ruby.

For the 32 bit box:

#/usr/bin/ruby1.8 -v
ruby 1.8.2 (2005-04-11) [i386-linux]

#dpkg -s ruby1.8
Package: ruby1.8
Ruby is the interpreted scripting language for quick and easy
object-oriented programming.  It has many features to process text
files and to do system management tasks (as in perl).  It is simple,
straight-forward, and extensible.
.
This package provides version 1.8 series of Ruby.

I'm sorry to be such a newb but I would like to help.

Cheers,

Nicholas P. Mueller