Re: Problem installing a number of rails apps with debian/unstable

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 04:34:39PM -0400, Douglas F. Calvert wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I am awfully new to ruby so I think I might not be able to phrase the
> question accurately but I am going to give it a shot. I recently
> installed all of the ruby/rails packages with apt. When I went to test
> out tracks or bugtrack I got an error about gems missing. I read some
> of the threads about the problems associated with packaging ruby for
> debian and the gems issue. I installed gems from source and I thought
> everything was going to be okay. However when I go to try out tracks
> or bugtrack i get the following errors:
>
> [...]

apt-get install rails should be enough. However, I think there is an error
in your config/environment.rb, can you send it?

Whereas gems create source incompatability with a non-gem system as
Debian, currently (hopefully resolved soon) a gem Rails app coming from
a non-Debian system is incompatible with ours.  This is because our
environment does normal, default requires to get activerecord,
activesupport, etc.

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | email: paulvt@debian.org