Re: DebConf - talk scheduled: Debian & XMPP: packaging and infrastructure

[W. Martin Borgert]
> we had an ad hoc BoF about XMPP at last years DebConf in Montréal.
> IMHO, it was very interesting and helpful, but work does not stop.
> We need to continue and are scheduled right before dinner, Monday,
> 2018-07-30 17:00.

Thank you for the reminder.  I had put the Debian XMPP service aside for
a while, as it was flodded with spam, but decided to revisit it today.
Slightly over 1000 spam "events" was waiting, but this time I remembered
how to remove them in bulk, and was quickly rid of them. :)

Perhaps the state of spam protection is a topic to address?

Unfortunately, I will not attend debconf, so I will not have much
influence on the BoF session. :)

These days I mostly use Signal and meet.jit.si for most of my chat and
video conferencing needs.  Would love to replace the former with
something less of a silo and not exposing phone numbers to those I talk
to, and the later with a locally hosted solution.  Not sure if XMPP is
up for the task of replacing any of them, but it might be the topic of
another discssion at the BoF. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen