Re: firefox: Firefox 111 was available on Debian riscv64

On 21 Mar 2023, at 04:49, Bo YU <tsu.yubo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Source: firefox
> Followup-For: Bug #1012218
>
> Hi,
>
> Now the firefox 111 can be built with patch attached on qemu
> But unfortunately, it is still not able to build real riscv64
> hardware(Unmatched board) due to running out of resources at
> ld pharse.

Is it doing LTO or something? 16 GiB is a lot of memory for the linker
to exhaust, especially for a non-debug build, even accounting for GNU
ld’s inefficiency compared with other linkers. Though presumably it
should build just fine if you add a swap partition, or reduce
parallelism if the problem is linking multiple large binaries at the
same time?

Jess