The brief status of Debian riscv porting --2023/01/08

Hi,

This is the first issue of status with Debian riscv64 porting of the
new year. With less than a week[0] to go, The freeze for bookworm
will happen. So anyway from now let's look forward to the release of
bookworm.

Debian riscv64 arch did not catch up with the release of bookworm in my view. But we're so close to achieve the goal. Many thanks to everyone involved in this process. Without their participation, this
achievement would not have been possible.

In 2023, we should have several powerful boards(kernel upstream supported) that can be used as buildd machines. This will make it easier for us to meet Debian official porting requirements.

After several waves of rebuilding[1] for some packages that have not
built for a long time, There's not a lot of FTBFS on riscv64 packages
was added here. Another important thing from my view is to help nodejs[2] that can be built on riscv64 as soon as possible. This caused some dependency issues for debci[3].

BR,
Bo

[0]: https://release.debian.org/testing/freeze_policy.html
[1]: https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=riscv64&suite=sid