Re: Help to build golang-github-boltdb-bolt on riscv64

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 11:17 PM Ileana Dumitrescu
<ileanadumi95@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Bringing up again a riscv and golang issue with a related package:
>
> golang-github-hashicorp-raft-boltdb is a dependency of consul and nomad, so all of these packages FTBFS with riscv. The golang-github-hashicorp-raft-boltdb upstream was edited to depend on golang-github-coreos-bbolt instead of golang-github-boltdb-bolt (in the v2 folder), but the implementation was done in a way where golang-github-boltdb-bolt is still imported. golang-github-boltdb-bolt is incompatible with riscv, causing a build failure.
>
> >> Please just ask the relevant packages' upstream to switch to bbolt.
> >> There's is not value to fix bolt. Fixing bolt just means doing what
> >> bbolt has done again.
>
> I wrote a github issue [1] and a debian bug [2] for golang-github-hashicorp-raft-boltdb at the beginning of this year that have not been resolved. Should we try to patch golang-github-hashicorp-raft-boltdb to remove any dependencies on golang-github-boltdb-bolt? This would allow us to build consul, nomad, and any other packages that depend on golang-github-hashicorp-raft-boltdb with riscv.

If you have a working patch that can be landed in the Debian package,
why not forward it to upstream first?
If upstream rejects that, then we may carry it in Debian. But this
should be avoided.

--
Shengjing Zhu