From: Alan Beadle <ab.beadle@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jun 5, 2022 at 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: quickfix FTBFS on riscv64
To: <1012083@bugs.debian.org>
Cc: <debian-riscv@lists.debian.ord>

I've learned that embedded copies of libraries are against Debian
packaging policy. See here: https://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCopies

Therefore the best solution is to remove the embedded copy of the
double-conversion library and add a dependency on
libdouble-conversion-dev package. This should solve the FTBFS problem.

I have asked quickfix upstream to remove the embedded copy.
https://github.com/quickfix/quickfix/issues/393

If they prefer not to, then the Debian package maintainer can remove
it to make this package comply with the policy above.

-Alan