The brief status of Debian riscv porting --2022/06/04

Hi,
Over the past two weeks, we had a *big* process on porting riscv64 on Debian.
More and more people are interested in discussing how to make RISC-V become Debian Supported Architecture. Besides, when fixing atomics-related ftbfs,
people find the situation is more complicated than it appears on the surface.

In this issue:
+ Big thanks to debci team and PLCT
+ More clear roadmap for RISC-V on Debian
+ Ftbfs issue update
+ Others

* Big thanks to debci team and PLCT
** With continued help from the debci team, Debian has a basic debci service[0] run on riscv64 machines that are sponsored by PLCT[1]. This is a scenario that must be satisfied if RISC-V becomes the release arch. Sure, The RISC-V on Debian is still an unofficial port now and there is more work to be done.

* More clear roadmap for RISC-V on Debian
** Thanks to Paul help people to draw a clear roadmap about that RISC-V how to become stable(release arch in bookworm), which you can refer to here[3]. The next goal is to ensure that RISC-V becomes official ports. Before achieving it, we will need setup the riscv64 buildd[4] and portbox machine. Although we have some riscv64 buildd machines but it is definitely missing for the riscv64 portbox[5] machines.

* Ftbfs issue update
** In general, we do not specifically analyze how to fix these ftbfs issues. But this time, when Alan is ready to fundamentally solve atomics-related ftbfs raised by missing the THREADS_PREFER_PTHREAD_FLAG flag in cmake[6]. But Arch people told us that after glibc 2.34[7] and these changes will lose their effectiveness. So we have to wait for it[8] to happen and find a better way to fix these ftbfs issues. ** We have the first version firefox package on riscv64[9]. Some people already started to port LibreOffice to riscv64 with upstream way. Hope to see the LibreOffice riscv64 package soon.

* Others
There is a wiki added to tell people how to Installing Debian On StarFiveVisionFiveV1[10]. Thanks for Alan and zorun(IRC) work about it.

[0]: https://ci.debian.net/status/
[1]: https://github.com/plctlab/riscv-lab-access
[2]: https://release.debian.org/testing/arch_qualify.html
[3]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-riscv/2022/05/msg00070.html