The brief status of Debian riscv porting --2022/11/20

Hi,

In the past two weeks, we have had an available riscv64 portbox[0]
for Debian community. That is a big forward for our porting work.
Whether the last riscv64 is able to catch the bookworm release
window, this portbox will provide great convenience to help
Debian Developer/maintainer to debug issues on riscv64 machines.
There should be another 2 unmatched as buildd machines for Debian
DSA team and Debian riscv64 buildd team is always working hard on
this. Many thanks for Debian buildd team.

The number of built in past week has returned to normal levels
over the past week due to the cargo being built successfully.
It was about 15300+. Also due to python3.11 transitions, there are
many python packages built that failed temporarily[1] and most of
them are architecture-indep's ftbfs issues. But there are
exceptions here, such as pydevd[2] that cause lots of packages
in B-D status on riscv64. It seems that resolving these test
failures is tricky on riscv64, maybe need to ask upstream for help.

The biggest concern is still the atomic issue, and what's worse
is that there seems to be no new progress from gcc upstream.
This is really a challenge for our next work :(

[0]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-riscv/2022/11/msg00011.html
[1]: https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/python3.11-add.html
[2]: https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=pydevd&suite=sid

--