Re: The brief status of Debian riscv porting --2022/10/22

Hi,
On Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 06:26:15PM +0900, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu wrote:
Hi!

Thank you for sharing the porting status of RISCV64.

When I make this a Debian official port, I'm worried about what is a blocker.
Of course, there is a porting package coverage, but do you know what
the support status
such as infrastructure and others when it becomes an official port?
If possible, I would like to cooperate with this.

According to architecture requalification[0] and other
information[1][2], Buildd-DSA[3] and
porterbox seem to be major blockers. Are you or other member working on these?

Yeah, It seems we are stuck in setting up official buildd machines.
Currently this is working by the Debian RISC-V buildd team.
Unfortunately, haven't got the latest news from them for a long time.
But there is no doubt that they are working hard on it.

BR,
Bo

[0]: https://release.debian.org/testing/arch_qualify.html
[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/Ports/riscv64