The brief status of Debian riscv porting --2022/10/08

hi,

I didn't get more news updates I can observe in the past two weeks.
and slightly worse, we are clearly feeling the pressure of package
build failures due to atomic issues. There is not a full list of
these packages[0], like:
```
slic3r-prusa,
kodi,
mujoco,
neochat,
leela-zero,
opendht,
qtox,
simgear,
z3,
mariadb-10.6,
qtwebkit-opensource-src
```

In particular, a critical package such as qtwebkit-opensource-src
fails to build, which will cause many other packages that depend on this
package to be in a BD-Uninstallable state. Fortunately, Palmer is getting
ready to fix the issue from gcc upstream[1]. As he committed, although
there is still a lot of work to be done here, a simple version patchset
to start to fix this is also a good idea. For Debian's gcc maintainer,
they will not accept the patch that will not be accepted by gcc upstream.
Thanks again Palmer.

Another interesting package built failed was haskell-*, like,
```
haskell-termonad,
haskell-hdf5,
haskell-hspec-hedgehog,
haskell-versions,
haskell-concurrent-supply
```
These packages built failed due to common reason:
```
Running 1 test suites...
Test suite hdf5-test: RUNNING...
hdf5-test: unknown RTS option: -N
```
Because "RTS -N option isn't available on architectures that only
support single-CPU"[2], so I think it is not a big deal to fix
these FTBFS if get haskell folks' ack.

[0]: https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/ftbfs.cgi?arch=riscv64
[1]: https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2022-August/600151.html
[2]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2022/10/msg00008.html