The brief status of Debian riscv porting --2022/09/09

Hi,
It can be observed that we have more developers involved in the development of
debian RISC-V porting[0]. In addition, the built package is stable at
15220+[1], maybe we are all used to this number.:) But the next news may be
more exciting.

In this issue:
+ Progress for the official port

* Progress for the official port

Now that we are in the state of an unofficial port, if we want the Debian
bookworm[2] release arch including riscv64, we need to go to the official
port now. For more background, see the port wiki[3],  and the status of
porting all the done stuff is here[4].In a nutshell, we need to rebuild
all packages from sid to unstable immediately under the control of the
official Debian DSA team. The problem is that the debian RISC-V buildd
team can only find 5 unmatched boards so far, one of which can only be
used as a portbox[5], so 4 unmatched boards may not be enough as buildd machine. What you need to know is that building packages such as gcc will
takes 2d 10+h on unmatched and we also need to give the porting team some
time to deal with some of the trickier ftbfs issue during the rebuild.
So, any offer for more Unmatched boards is welcome. The reason why unmatched
is emphasized here is that its upstream is fully supported, and only if this
condition is met, will it be accepted by the Debian DSA team. This is also currently the best way to help Debian riscv64 offical porting(if so) in my
opinion.

Another way to help to port is to install the popularity-contest package on a Debian riscv machine as aurel32 said.

Most of the above information is compiled according to irc talks,
if you have any questions, welcome to post here or join #debian-riscv on oftc.
thanks.

[0]: https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/bts-usertags.cgi?user=debian-riscv%40lists.debian.org&tag=riscv64
[1]: https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=riscv64&suite=sid
[2]: https://release.debian.org/