The brief status of Debian riscv porting --2022/07/29

Hi,

The good news is that our riscv64 package with installed status has reached on
an all-time high at the time of sending this email. It is amazing 14900+[0].
Considering we still have a lot of critical package that don't support riscv64,
this number is enough to make us happy. Of course please note that this number
may change drastically due to temporary build failures of some key packages on
the riscv64 arch.

In this issue:
+ Some analysis on riscv64 buildd status
+ Others

* Some analysis on riscv64 buildd status
We can see that there are about 420+ packages that is Auto-Not-For-Us status
from [0]. This value is actually not bad with the value of some released arch,
or even better, such as s390x[1]. In the past two weeks I sent wishlist requests
for many packages that can support riscv64 and support amd64 & arm64 arch
although some people think it's not suitable at the moment due to lack of high
performance riscv64 boards. But I believe there will be more high performance
and affordable riscv64 boards by the end of this year, that is my motivation to
do port riscv also.

Another amazing chage is the BD-Uninstallable status(that is fail to build
package due to missing dependent packages). Now it's 430+, if compare it with
previous two weeks[2], you will find that this value is almost half smaller.
There is still room for improvement if some *key* package to fix ftbfs issue.
Again, this value will change drastically.

Of course, with the changes in the above two status, the number of the package
that has ftbfs issue has increasedi[3]. Obviously many of these packages must be
harder try to solve the ftbfs issue.

* Others
The one of big new is that LibreOffice has initial support on the riscv64 arch[4]
and gentoo has built their package with the patch[5-7]. I am trying to build .deb
but was stuck by some cases was failed. And I haven't found a suitable workround
until now. Anyway, I will update here once LibreOffice riscv64 package is ok.
And if you need to do some tests on real riscv64 hardware, please ping me if I
can offer help.

[0]: https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=riscv64&suite=sid
[1]: https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=s390x&suite=sid
[2]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-riscv/2022/07/msg00041.html