Re: gcc -menable-experimental-extensions ?

Hi !

On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 11:43 AM Bo YU <tsu.yubo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2022 at 10:36:45AM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Could someone please let me know what is the status of
> >-menable-experimental-extensions on riscv64 ?
> >
> >>From my chroot here is what I see:
> >
> >c++: error: unrecognized command-line option '-menable-experimental-extensions'
>
> I have consulted others about this error and they tell me that the
> option is clang not gcc.

Understood.

> Could you offer more context about the issue maybe others on the
> mail list will help you.

Technically to take full advantage of one library on riscv-64, I would
need support for -march=rv64gcv1p0 -menable-experimental-extensions in
clang...which as far I can see is not the case yet
(Debian/sid/riscv64).

Is the above correct ? Maybe this is just a minor issue with clang,
but I was not sure what was the riscv64 baseline definition on Debian:

https://wiki.debian.org/ArchitectureSpecificsMemo#riscv64

ref:
* https://github.com/google/highway/issues/822