Re: The brief status of Debian riscv64 porting --2022/05/04

hi,

在 2022/5/4 23:16, Bo YU 写道:
[...]

The Unmatched board does not desktop environment
  Not sure the situation is true maybe I was missing some information. Because the Unmatched board did not has anything to
  output to monitor via HDMI or VGA. It should be supported in the recently version kernel, as the Fedora
  and Ubuntu had supported  riscv64 desktop system perfectly. Sorry, I don't have value urls by hand. If there are
  some different Debian kernel with other distro, please tell me the direction about how to do such exiperiential.
  One way is diff the Unmatched board kernel config[1] and D1 kernel config[2], which support the desktop
  system even.

  The attachment is the log of the lspci and dmesg from the Unmatched board to help to deep dig it.

From dmesg:

[   19.379796] [drm] radeon kernel modesetting enabled.
[   19.384786] [drm:radeon_pci_probe [radeon]] *ERROR* radeon kernel modesetting for R600 or later requires firmware installed
[   19.480302] See https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware for information about missing firmware

Please install firmware-amd-graphics and reboot.

Your kernel 5.16.0-5-riscv64 is also old, suggest to use the newest linux-image-riscv64_5.17.3-1_riscv64.deb.

--
肖盛文 xiao sheng wen Faris Xiao
微信(wechat):atzlinux