Re: Hope to set up riscv64 ci

Hi,
On Sat, Apr 09, 2022 at 02:39:17PM -0300, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 07, 2022 at 09:54:45PM +0800, Bo YU wrote:
Hi,
On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 9:22 PM vimer <tsu.yubo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 12:46:19PM +0100, Paul Gevers wrote:
> >Hi vimer,
> >
> >On 17-03-2022 12:41, vimer wrote:
> >>Our lab decided to offer 6+ unmatched boards(the First batch of boards)
> >>for Debian CI team with root access and (maybe) serial access in a stable
> >>network connection environment. This takes about two weeks. Once
> >>this is done,
> >>I will ping here.
> >>
> >>BTW, Could you please add Debian CI ssh pubkey in riscv-lab-access[1]
> >>in order to access riscv-lab's machines? Or reply this email is ok well.
> >
> >This is what we deploy to all our workers:
> >

> https://salsa.debian.org/ci-team/debian-ci-config/-/blob/master/cookbooks/basics/files/authorized_keys
>
> Extremely grateful for @wujie @wuwei from rvlab[0] help to setup
Debian-CI on riscv64. Now Debian-CI people[1] can access those
machines(only 032 has sudo permission by now) with the below config then
try to deploy debian-ci relevant config.
```
EOT
# login unmatched32
ssh unmatched032
```

Thanks. The connection details work fine and I could connect to all
boards.

However, I noticed they are running Ubuntu. All of our existing servers
(40+) are running Debian, and it's not convenient to have the riscv64
ones running something else. Debian and Ubuntu are similar, yes, but not
the same. When managing this many hosts, it's not pratical to have
different OS/package versions. Can they have Debian installed instead?
Ok. This is not problem. The unmatched031 is installing Debian image from [0].
Once the 031 works well, other machine image will be copyied from 031.

Notice:
1. The unmatched032's sudo passwd is '************',

We need sudo to be available to the debian-ci user without a password.
We manage our 40+ CI workers with automated tools, and we cannot really
type passwords on each server.
Ok. The reason for this I have explained in private mail. If have trouble to
this, please let me know.

2. Rvlab will offer 6 unmatched boards now. Up to debian-ci for riscv64
package building, they will offer 20 unmatched boards for Debian community
in the future.

That's really great, thank you.

But note that the above list only contains 5 hosts, not 6.
The 031 will be add into those machine now :-)

BTW, If you want use PROXY in rvlab, the following is what you need:
export HTTP_PROXY=http://10.8.8.2:8080
export HTTPS_PROXY=http://10.8.8.2:8080
export FTP_PROXY=http://10.8.8.2:8080
export SOCKS_PROXY=socks5://10.8.8.2:1080
export ALL_PROXY=http://10.8.8.2:8080

Why would we need it? Are the boards behind a restricted network
connection?
No. This is just speed up for special site, eg github. We can access to d/*
url normal.

But just a reminder, It would be better to switch source.list if the apt
performance is not good:

    deb [arch=riscv64] http://mirror.sjtu.edu.cn/debian-ports unstable main
    deb [arch=riscv64] http://mirror.sjtu.edu.cn/debian-ports unreleased main

The rvlab will support reboot those machine physically. Reboot machine in
UTC/GMT+08:00(work day) is a good choice.

BR,
Bo

[0]: https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/SiFive/HiFiveUnmatched