Re: (test) how to apply the patch from bugs.debian.org

Bo YU <tsu.yubo@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 04:21:40PM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>>
>>On 2/17/22 16:06, Bo YU wrote:

>>> I want to pick one package to try port it to Debian.
>>> And i have choose src:sofia-sip: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=978498
>>> (...)
>>> Now the question is: how can i push the process go on?
>>> Pabs told me, he has the patch and i can test it or not take effect.
>>
>>It's probably a matter of running dh_autoreconf. In any case, there is also a new upstream
>>version available [1].
> Now i want to pick the patch from 978498# and rebuild the sip on riscv
> arch with sbuild(I do not know this is right way to do it also)

If you just want to test stuff, you don't need to mess with
debian/patches. Download the patch to disk by clicking on the link in
the bug report, and then use the patch command:

  dima@shorty:/tmp/sofia-sip-1.12.11+20110422.1$ < /tmp/sofia-sip-retooling.patch patch -p1

  patching file debian/rules