Re: crossbuild-essential-riscv64:amd64 but it is not installable

Hello Bo!

On 2/17/22 08:36, Bo YU wrote:
> And I run `sudo sbuild --host=riscv64 -d sid` in sofia-sip with apt
> source download the code on X86(IMO, it should be called host machine),
> and got the message:
>
> ···
> sbuild-build-depends-main-dummy:riscv64 : Depends: crossbuild-essential-riscv64:amd64 but it is not installable
> ···
>
> Whole log is : https://paste.debian.net/1231195/
>
> As pabs said,  crossbuild-essential is not available for unofficial ports (including riscv64), but why sbuild with
> --host=riscv64 will search it?

Well, that's because sbuild requires cross-essential for the architecture you are building for. You have to build
the crossbuild-essential-riscv64 package manually before being able to cross-build for riscv64:

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/build-essential

Just edit debian/cross-targets and run debian/rules debian/control afterwards, then rebuild the package and you
get a crossbuild-essential-riscv64 package that you can install into your chroot.

I never really understood why the ports targets have been disabled in crossbuild-essential but that's just how
it currently is. I usually rebuild crossbuild-essential manually for the architectures I need it for.

> What wrong with me?

Nothing, I hope ;-).

Adrian

--