Re: How can I help port RISCV to Debian

On Wed, 2022-02-16 at 21:43 +0800, Bo YU wrote:

> After two days to struggle with cross compiling(main focus on sbuild),
> I have understand the sbuild is how to run. But there are another thing
> to confuse me: which one package in FTBFS is right to port Debian?

Anything that you want to use on riscv64 that isn't available or is
blocking something you want to use on riscv64 from being available.

> OK, the glewmx is right?
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=glewmx&suite=sid

As it happens, I am the maintainer of this particular package. I wanted
to remove glewmx from Debian but haven't gotten around to porting
quesoglc from glewmx to glew. This particular failure already has a
patch, it just hasn't been applied because I wanted to remove glewmx.
Looking at the patch now, it seems like debhelper should be taking care
of the issue using the dh_update_autotools_config script and the
autoreconf sequence these days, so the patch should not be needed.

https://bugs.debian.org/991074

> http://crossqa.debian.net/src/glewmx
> Question : why does not have riscv64 build in crossqa for glewmx?

crossqa doesn't support riscv64 as far as I can tell. You would have to
ask Helmut why, but I would guess that it is because of the issue
mentioned about crossbuild-essential not being available for the
unofficial ports architectures like riscv64.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise