Re: riscv64 buildds

Hi,

Em dom., 9 de jan. de 2022 às 14:07, Aurelien Jarno
<aurelien@aurel32.net> escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> On 2022-01-09 12:29, Simon McVittie wrote:
> > Two questions about the riscv64 buildds:
> >
> > 1. Is riscv64 still using qemu for buildds, or is it exclusively using
> >    real hardware now?
>
> We got 2 new hardware buildds recently (rv-osuosl-01 and rv-osuosl-02),
> and we switched the QEMU based buildds to only build packages when the
> build queue is long (when a package sits there for more than 6 hours).
> In practice it means that QEMU buildds were not used anymore.
>
> However the old rv-mullvad-0* buildds started to have issues and now
> QEMU buildds are sometimes used from time to time.

Yeah, and they are also used in transitions affecting a large number
of packages, e.g. haskell, because the queuing time goes easily beyond
6h in those cases.

> > gtk4 4.6.0 in experimental is currently failing to build on rv-mullvad-02
> > with "error writing to /tmp/ccjWWAIL.s: No space left on device", which
> > suggests that it might need more /tmp. gtk4 is increasingly important for
> > GNOME, so we'll probably want this version in unstable soon. I don't think
> > it does anything unusual in /tmp, it's just a relatively large package.
>
> /tmp is not on a different partition on the buildds, so it seems like a
> general device space issue judging by the other build failures I have
> found.
>
> Given the recent issues with rv-mullvad-*, I believe it's just old
> schroot sessions that have not been correctly closed. Manuel, can you
> please have a look?

I think that it's fixed now, thanks for pointing.

And I gave-back gtk4 in experimental.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>