Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "RISC-V" by SalahuddinPasha

On 2021-07-26, Debian Wiki wrote:
> The "RISC-V" page has been changed by SalahuddinPasha:
> https://wiki.debian.org/RISC-V?action=diff&rev1=138&rev2=139
>
> Comment:
> debootstrap --second-stage added
>
>   To create a "standard" chroot in /tmp/riscv64-chroot with debootstrap, execute the following commands:
>
>   {{{
> - sudo apt-get install debootstrap qemu-user-static binfmt-support debian-ports-archive-keyring
> + # apt-get install debootstrap qemu-user-static binfmt-support debian-ports-archive-keyring
> - sudo debootstrap --arch=riscv64 --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-ports-archive-keyring.gpg --include=debian-ports-archive-keyring unstable /tmp/riscv64-chroot http://deb.debian.org/debian-ports
> + # debootstrap --foreign --arch=riscv64 --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-ports-archive-keyring.gpg --include=debian-ports-archive-keyring unstable /tmp/riscv64-chroot http://deb.debian.org/debian-ports
> + # chroot /tmp/riscv64-chroot /debootstrap/debootstrap --second-stage
>   }}}

With recent versions of qemu-user-static and binfmt-support
(e.g. buster/stable/10.0 and newer), I do not believe the --second-stage
step should be needed unless you're running the second-stage on native
hardware; if running on native hardware, you wouldn't need
qemu-user-static and binfmt-support at all...

So unless there are bugs preventing this from working correctly, maybe
this should be reverted.

live well,
  vagrant