Re: Large reduction in portability of some KDE packages

On 5/30/20 2:17 PM, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 01:58:02PM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I was wondering whether there is a way around this large reduction in portability
>> of KDE that occurred recently [1]?
>
> "recently" was 3 years ago, it is already this way in buster.

As far as I can see, some of the packages used to use qtwebkit not too long
ago which is perfectly portable to all architectures.

> There is no way around it with reasonable effort,
> unless Google support riscv64 in their browser.
The way around it is to not use Google technologies because Google doesn't
care about open source and the community unless it serves their own
interests.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz