Re: Latch-Up in May

On 2019-03-30, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
> Em sáb, 30 de mar de 2019 às 03:37, Vagrant Cascadian
> <vagrant@debian.org> escreveu:
>>
>> I'm planning on attending Latch-Up coming up in May:
>>
>>   https://fossi-foundation.org/2019/02/24/announcing-latchup-portland
>>
>> I was thinking of proposing a brief 10-15 minute RISC-V in Debian status
>> report session. If anyone more involved would like to present instead, I
>> would of course defer. :)
>
> Ah, very nice!  Please post video if available.

Video:

  https://archive.org/details/latch_2019-RISCV_in_Debian

Slides:

  https://cascadia.aikidev.net/~vagrant/talks/2019/latchup/RISC-V_in_Debian.pdf

Nothing too impressive, but there was a definitely a lot of interest;
half of it is questions, which keeps coming back to "When are you going
to do riscv32?"

Which was a bit of a surprise for me, being that riscv64 still needs a
good deal of polish! I got the impression a lot of the people there
wanted to run riscv32 on mid-range FPGAs with free toolchains, and
riscv64 would need much larger FPGAs to have room left for a meaningful
OS.

live well,
  vagrant