Re: RISC-V virtual machine does not boot anymore

On 2019-12-17, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
>> On 2019-12-18, Mitsuya Shibata wrote:
>> which the u-boot packages in Debian were patched to
>> support:
>>
>>   https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1151125/
>>
>> There's some discussion on it about weather it's correct to use
>> $fdtcontroladdr vs. $fdt_addr_r and other various issues, so the patch
>> has not landed in upstream u-boot yet.

I pinged the submitter of the patch and there are some new patches I've
tried that still work; maybe those will land upstream soon.

>>> For this, following patch will be needed which is committed after v2019.10.
>>>
>>>   https://gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/commit/70d64a4c7646aa51c0334618ccb9af0132d9d834
>>
>> I'll be testing u-boot 2020.01-rc5 soon and seeing what changes may be
>> needed...
>
> I've got the u-boot-qemu v2020.01-rc5 building with an updated patch,
> and linux 5.3 and 5.4 as packaged in Debian work, the older 5.2 kernels
> don't work, but those aren't really present in Debian's riscv64 port any
> longer, so I'm guessing that shouldn't be an issue.

If you set U_BOOT_FDT_DIR in /etc/default/u-boot to a path that doesn't
exist, as mentioned previously in this thread...

u-boot-qemu 2020.01-rc5 from experimental should boot again.

live well,
  vagrant