Re: Debian-Installer support for riscv64

On Sun, 2019-06-02 at 22:25 +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:
> Another thing that needs to be tackled in d-i is an annoying
> property of qemu's riscv64 "virt" machine: The "virt" machine
> emulates both a normal serial console (/dev/ttyS0) and a HVC
> console (/dev/ttyhvc0).  Unfortunately in qemu both share the
> same physical console device and systemd starts a getty on both
> /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyhvc0 so that we have two getty instances
> running on the same physical console which wreks havoc.

Can this be fixed on the qemu side? Having two emulated devices
appearing on the same host console is going to cause confusion over and
over again I think.

Is it possible that this behaviour is down to the command line you are
giving qemu? e.g. `-nographic` might (completely guessing) end up with
this behaviour, whereas the UI would put them on separate virtual
consoles.

Ian.