Re: iproutes2: debootstrap dependency issue for riscv port?

Hi Stephen!

On 11/23/18 1:01 AM, Stephen  Bates wrote:
> While trying to debootstrap the minbase rootfs for riscv I came across a missing dependency for iproutes2. From the debootstrap.log:
>
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of iproute2:
>  iproute2 depends on libelf1 (>= 0.131); however:
>   Package libelf1 is not installed.
The problem you are seeing is very common with the Debian Ports FTP server,
we are seeing it on a regular basis on the other Debian Ports architectures.

I have written down a longer explanation on the details here [1].

In the case of riscv64, the responsible package which is failing to build
from source is "elfutils" [2].

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz