Re: riscv64 and qemu trunk

On 10/23/2018 09:47 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
ok surf starts up, displays the page, then locks up, and goes to a
gray screen.

ah!  cool!  all it was, was that /proc hadn't been mounted yet.
# mount proc /proc -t proc

currently checking bbc sports news like i actually care... :)

this is huge progress, and a massive amount of work.  incredible.

l.

I have to give you a high five \o/  for getting to this point.

It is always an intense pile of going in circles and corrections and
mistakes and then le viola moments to get this far on very very new
hardware ( shardware == soft-hardware == qemu ) and I for one admire
the tenacity.  Expect endless silly questions ... ;-)

Dennis Clarke

ps: I started using the term "shardware" a few years ago and heard
     it used from time to time. Essentially virtual machines that
     are not the same architecture as the host is soft hardware.