Re: Kernel and d-i status update, u-boot for riscv64

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 08:53:56AM +0900, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu wrote:

> BTW, as I read your email, I understood that the riscv team is working
> towards the buster 's official support architecture.
> Is my understanding correct?

Hello,

riscv64 won't become a release architecture for buster.  There
are still a lot of things missing that are required for meeting
the release architecture criteria.  The first step on a way to
becoming a release architecture would be having all packages in
the unstable suite and getting rid of unreleased, and that will
still take some time.  We are also unfortunately missing upstream
support for riscv64 in LLVM which causes us quite a headache as
qt has moved to requiring LLVM for certain components in recent
releases, and qt has an enormous chain of reverse-dependencies.

Besides the software side, DSA has declared that they are only
going to accept architectures as release architecture that have
server-grade hardware with out-of-band management facilities
available on the market for DSA-maintained buildds. There is
no such hardware on the market for riscv64 yet, though.

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der