Re: Porting gnupg2

> What is the buildd for riscv64 currently running on?

It's using qemu-system-riscv VMs (20 of them).

> I'd like to replicate
> the gpg test failure and see what I can do to either make qemu run faster

As a rough estimate, qemu is about 20x times slower than modern
hardware.  E.g. if the build takes 5 min in arm64, it takes 1h on one
of our buildds; if it takes 2h in arm64 that's two days in riscv64.

Developers or maintainers usually adjust timeouts based on what they
experience in their hardware, and they add some head room, but
probably do not have 20x or more in mind.

It's great to make qemu faster for many reasons, but I think that it
will not solve all cases of timeouts in tests.

> or get a native riscv board allocated for a buildd

Getting real HW is an expectation in the long term, specially if we
can use them to substitude all the qemu-system ones.

Having a single board at this point for that not sure if
possible/feasible as a host part of the buildd set, I think, because
having too much difference in buildds can cause other sets of
problems.  (It's not feasible/easy to divert packages to specific
buildds).

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>