Re: Does a netinst iso image exist for qemu RISC-V ?

On 08/07/2018 05:22 PM, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
Hi,

Op 07-08-18 om 15:01 schreef Dennis Clarke:

Before going through the motions of compiling qemu sources only to have
  a vm running nothing : does a netinst iso image exist for RISC-V ?
You don't need to compile qemu, you can use binaries from testing or
sid: https://wiki.debian.org/RISC-V#Qemu

Looking at https://packages.debian.org/sid/qemu I see what appears to be
qemu 2.12 whereas the latest rc for 3.0.0 has a LOT of changes that
are specific to RISC-V.  That was my reason for thinking of a local
specific build that supports RISC-V.  I may also want ppc64 and maybe
arm7 or similar. I have arm7 hardware running fine but with a distro
called "linaro" as I was unable to get debian installed there.  Yet.

I have ppc64 running just fine and dandy on a PowerMac G5 and that has
been great. I simply wanted to look at RISC-V but it has been a real
challenge. Thus the qemu idea as well as some sort of install process.
I have yet to even think on what needs to be done with grub and that
leads me to yet another problem.

Dennis

ps: I have a sifive arduino type board and it is a struggle also ...
    https://i.imgur.com/jCnnUSS.jpg