Re: Arch qualification for buster: call for DSA, Security, toolchain concerns

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 7:44 AM, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:

> People from DSA have also attempted to fix them in other ways over the
> last few months (thanks for that too!), but the solutions have been
> rejected. I am not aware of the full details (only part of them), but
> I assume that it's done for sound reasons.  One good reason for this
> is that they don't want to duplicate code or list of architectures.

The details here is that aurel32 wrote a git branch to add
architecture configurability in dak and hard-code a list of
"arches-in-sid-dpkg" in such a configuration file. ftp-master
understandably didn't want to have to manually copy the tables from
dpkg to dak whenever they changed. I briefly looked at using an
auto-byhand script to automate this, but didn't yet get around to
working on implementing anything.

https://salsa.debian.org/aurel32/dak/tree/dpkg-tables

--
bye,