Re: Porting gnupg2

Giovanni Mascellani <gio@debian.org> writes:

> Out of curiosity, how does this compare with the SiFive board?

While I don't know the answer to that question offhand, as someone who
has a SiFive board *and* has run a number of buildd systems for Debian
over time, I can tell you that the current SiFive board would be
unimpressive as a buildd.

Eventually, I'm sure we'll see riscv64 hardware show up with larger
supported memory sizes and/or faster storage interfaces.  In the
meantime, using a cluster of qemu VMs may actually be faster in practice
than dedicating one or even a few SiFive boards?

Bdale