stop

Hello,

Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
Tags: stretch
User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
Usertags: pu

Hi!

I'd like to update dpkg in stretch. This includes several fixes for
documentation, regressions, misbheavior, minor security issues, and
a new arch definition so that DAK can accept packages using it. The
fixes have been in sid/buster for a while now.

We depend on this version being accepted and installed in the systems
where DAK lives to learn about the new architecture.  After that,
several other packages can add support for the architecture, without
receiving an automatic reject when uploaded.

It would be great if this update could enter in the next stable update,
so we can make progress on that front.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>