Re: http://riscv.mit.edu/debian

Hi,

> hi sorry quick message, will subscribe tomorrow when it's not
> midnight.  just thought you might want to know:
>
> $ debootstrap --no-check-gpg --foreign --arch=riscv64 unstable
> deb-riscv http://riscv.mit.edu/debian
> I: Validating whiptail 0.52.19-1
> I: Validating xz-utils 5.2.2-1.2
> I: Validating zlib1g 1:1.2.8.dfsg-2
> I: Chosen extractor for .deb packages: dpkg-deb
> I: Extracting base-files...
>
> worked perfectly.  whaddayaknow :)

debootstrap tries to grab whatever it's there in the mirror with
prio>=important or so.  I did not include some packages compared to
e.g. amd64, but debootstrap --foreign works, the second stage not
sure.

Also, as I explain in different places, you'll need the toolchain
(compatible with the code as of mid-November), it's not included
there.

> also i'm mirroring the site using apt-mirror because... well... it's
> hhhooorribly slow but also it's not compliant with web "directory
> listing" standards.  wget --mirror http://riscv.mit.edu/debian will
> show you what's up, immediately.

Not sure what's the problem, works fine here (??).

--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>