Unofficial repository of Debian packages for RISC-V 64-bit (riscv64)

Hello,

After some requests by different people in the last few days, I just
published the work that I've been doing for a while creating a
repository of Debian packages for riscv64, which I hope that will become
some day (in a not very distant future) a full and official Debian port.

First, let me thank specially Kurt Keville from MIT for all the help.

Also thanks to people who helped in some way or another (too many to
list, but most are reading the lists along with the rest of you and are
familiar names ;-) ).

So, to cut to the chase, you can find the repository here:

 http://riscv.mit.edu/

And explanations and the story here (it's long, but the good part is
that you can skip it altogether :) ):

 https://people.debian.org/~mafm/posts/2017/20170422_debian-gnulinux-port-for-risc-v-64-bit-riscv64/

IMPORTANT #1:

 Sadly, due to recent changes in the toolchain, it seems that these
 binaries will not work if your system has recent-ish versions of the
 toolchain (or maybe very old ones).  I am not sure if there is a way
 to make them work, probably not, in which case all that work will have
 to be re-done somehow.

 You can try to use for example static binaries, like the one in the
 package "bash-static" [1], which are more likely to work on your
 system.

 [1] http://riscv.mit.edu/debian/pool/main/b/bash/bash-static_4.4-4_riscv64.deb

 I hope to keep it updated so the binaries will target newer versions
 of the toolchain soon.

IMPORTANT #2:

 YOU SHOULD NOT RUN BINARIES FROM RANDOM PEOPLE DOWNLOADED FROM THE
 INTERNET!!!!

 Still, if you marginally trust me and the Debian project, make sure
 that you include the bits to verify the authenticity of the repo, as
 per the instructions in the URLs above, and apt will do it for you.

 If not in a Debian system (or derivative), you can also check the
 signed Release file in [2] (which contains the checksum of files which
 in turn contain the checksums of sources and binaries), it is signed
 with my key, which is in turn signed by other people's (some of whom
 you may know and trust) and published in the keyserver pgp.mit.edu [3]
 for example, and I also sign this message with this key.

 [2] http://riscv.mit.edu/debian/dists/unstable/

 [3] http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x7F7606A445DCA80E

 So if you trust my signature, verify that Release file is correctly
 signed by it and the checksums of the files that you download match,
 you are good to go.

Hope that it's useful at least for some of you.

Any feedback welcome.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>