Re: ITA: tightvnc-java -- TightVNC java applet and command line program

Hi Sven,

On  So 18 Okt 2020 18:32:55 CEST, Sven Geuer wrote:

Hi Mike,

autopkgtest is now available in tightvnc-java, it ran sucessfully on
salsa [1].

Please review and upload or grant upload rights to me.

Sven

I have granted you upload permission for tightvnc-java.

I have two requests regarding packaging and mailing list communication.

The only thing that popped up when reviewing tightvnc-java was, that you keep the distribution version target ("unstable") in the top line of Debian changelog while still working on the packaging details.

Please put "UNRELEASED" there until you really do the upload. Each upload ideally has a release commit that switches the "UNRELEASED" to "unstable" and updates the maintainer name and the date of the top changelog stanza. For doing this, I normally use "dch -r". Please adapt to this. Thanks.

Second, I'd dearly ask you to switch from top posting style to bottom posting style in your mailing list and bug tracker emails. This makes mail quoting much more easy and greatly improve mail thread readability. IMHO, this is a must for become a Debian Developer, so please consider that. Thanks.

Otherwise, awesome work that you did on tightvnc*. Thanks for the contribution/collaboration!!!

light+love
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31